CADL Student Success Initiative
Capital Area District Libraries is partnering with Williamston Community Schools on a project called the Student Success Initiative. It is a way to help students easily access all the education options available at CADL’s 13 branches, Mobile Library, and research databases. This card is free to all students no matter where they live, even those who already have a regular CADL card.
Getting & Using a Card
The account is created by adding the letters WCS to your student’s school username (the one they use to login to the computer at school). For example, a student with a school username of 25smithma would have a CADL “library card” number of WCS25smithma. A physical library card can also be issued to your student upon request.
Your student can use this card number to use the research databases at cadl.org. They can also use the card number or the physical card at any CADL branch to check out up to three books, audiobooks, or magazines at a time.
Learn more about this program:
- Student Success Initiative Overview
- Step One: Creating Your SSI Account Password
- CADL Policies
- CADL Parent Guide
- CADL Parent Information Nights:
- Thursday, October 21, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, Williamston CADL Library
- Saturday, October 23, 1:00 - 2:00 pm, Williamston CADL Library
- Tuesday, October 26, 6:00 - 7:00 pm, Williamston CADL Library
- By appointment via contacting the Williamston CADL Library at (517) 655-1191
- Some library items cannot be checked out with this type of student account.
- The account provides access to public library materials and resources, which can include different types of literature than what is available in WCS libraries.
- CADL does not charge overdue fines, however students and their parents are responsible for returning any items they checked out.
- Parents/guardians have permission to obtain account information and view what has been checked out with the card.
- To access a student account, parents/guardians must be able to provide their student’s school username (see details above).
Option to Opt Out
Having a Student Success Initiative account requires the release of directory information to Capital Area District Libraries (CADL). Directory information would include the student's name, username, email address, home phone number, home address, and parent's email address.
Any parent/guardian who does NOT want their student to have an account can opt out by completing the WCS - CADL Student Success Initiative Opt Out form by October 29, 2021.