Phone: (517) 655-2142
Degrees and Certifications:
Steven Delp, PhD
Welcome to Williamston High School!
Williamston High School is devoted to the development of 21st-century learners and global citizens while focusing on the physical, social, and emotional growth and support of all students.
WHS is proud to have a long tradition of academic excellence and is honored to be continuously recognized at both the state and national level for such achievement:
- #1 Ranked Mid-Michigan High School by the Michigan Department of Education (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Michigan School Data Overall Index of 98.75% (2019)
- Advanced Placement Honor Roll (2011, 2012, 2016, 2017)
- Newsweek Magazine - Top High Schools (2012, 2013, 2014)
- US News and World Report - Best High Schools (2008, 2015, 2019, 2020)
- Washington Post - Challenge Index (2011,2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- College Board AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award (2019)
- GreatSchools.org College Success Award (2020)
Along with strong academics, WHS has a rich heritage of quality fine arts programs, competitive athletics, and engaging academic clubs and groups. Students are invited and encouraged to become involved in the wide variety of extracurricular offerings available to them in order to complement their academic experiences.
WHS believes strongly in students and parents working together with the school. Please take time to explore this website to learn more about the programs offered as well as the policies and procedures in place at WHS.
On behalf of the entire faculty and staff, we wish each student and family an excellent school year!
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM PSAT 10/PSAT 10 MMSQT for Juniors and Sophomores
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM HS Fall Conferences
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM HS Fall Conferences
November 25, 2020
November 26, 2020
November 27, 2020
December 21, 2020
December 22, 2020
December 23, 2020
December 24, 2020
December 25, 2020
December 28, 2020
December 29, 2020
December 30, 2020
This link will include times of conferences, where to schedule appointment and the google classroom link for your virtual parent-teacher conference.
WHS WEEKLY CLASS SCHEDULE 10/12 TO 11/6
October 13, 2020
Dear WHS Students and Families,
As noted on our district’s COVID-19 Dashboard, we have learned that a Williamston High School student has tested positive for COVID-19. Although this student has not been in our buildings and is not currently participating in any of our high school sports or extracurricular activities, we were informed that the student was in attendance at the Boys Varsity soccer match against Haslett High School on Wednesday evening. The health department does not consider spectators at games to be “close contacts,” however because there is a chance of exposure, it does require notice to the community.
The Ingham County Health Department recommends the following actions to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if you are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart.
- Practice frequent handwashing using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol.
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate any applicable changes or updates with you.
If you have any questions, contact the Ingham County Health Department at 517-887-4496. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/coronavirus.
Steven C. Delp, PhD
Williamston High School Principal
Virtual/Phone Parent-Teacher Conferences - November 2 & 3
Fall conferences will take place via virtual meeting or phone call and will be held on:
- Monday, November 2 from 5:00-8:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 3 from 12:00-3:00 PM
WHS will again be scheduling parent/teacher conferences online. This enables WHS to honor parent/guardian time as well as to inform teachers of which parents/guardians they will be speaking with so as to better prepare for each conversation.
The online conference scheduler will be active on Monday, October 5 at 8:00 AM. Please be sure to schedule your conference at: https://www.myconferencetime.com/williamstonhs/. Please only take one time slot per student/household, per teacher/class. If a counselor appointment is desired, an appointment may be made through the guidance office during school hours.
All conferences will be held via Google Meet (video conference) or phone call. As we get closer to conferences, detailed information about how to communicate with teachers during conference sessions will be provided.
If you have any questions, please call the WHS main office at 517-655-2142.
TEACHER/STUDENT SUPPORT SESSIONS
- Students may attend teacher scheduled support sessions.
- Students will be able to sign up for 15-minute blocks of time with a teacher. Each teacher will have three spots available per 15-minute block.
- Teachers will communicate with their students as to how the meeting will take place.
- Sign-ups will go live on Monday morning each week, and students will be able to make appointments for Tuesday and Thursday of that week only. The following Monday, a new sign up will go live for that week’s appointments, etc.
- Sign up for teacher support sessions can be made at myconferencetime.com starting the Monday of each week at 6 A.M.. Sign up will be on a first-come, first-served basis.