Phone: (517) 655-2142
Degrees and Certifications:
Steven Delp, PhD
Welcome to Williamston High School!
Williamston High School is devoted to the development of 21st century learners and global citizens while focusing on the physical, social, and emotional growth and support of all students.
WHS is proud to have a long tradition of academic excellence and is honored to be continuously recognized at both the state and national level for such achievement:
- Michigan School Data Overall Index of 99.08% (2018)
- Advanced Placement Honor Roll (2011, 2012, 2016, 2017)
- Newsweek Magazine - Top High Schools (2012, 2013, 2014)
- US News and World Report - Best High Schools (2008, 2015)
- Washington Post – Challenge Index (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Along with strong academics, WHS has a rich heritage of quality fine arts programs, competitive athletics, and engaging academic clubs and groups. Students are invited and encouraged to become involved in the wide variety of extracurricular offerings available to them in order to complement their academic experiences.
WHS believes strongly in students and parents working together with the school. Please take time to explore this website to learn more about the programs offered as well as the policies and procedures in place at WHS.
On behalf of the entire faculty and staff, we wish each student and family an excellent school year!
September 28, 2019
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Homecoming Float Building
September 30, 2019
October 1, 2019
October 2, 2019
October 3, 2019
October 4, 2019
October 16, 2019
8:05 AM - 12:00 PM PSAT/NMSQT Test
Williamston High School Homecoming
September 28 - October 5, 2019
Homecoming is an exciting time of the school year as it promotes a sense of school spirit among students, alumni, and the community. As a result, there will be a variety of planned activities and events scheduled throughout the week. Students are encouraged to participate in as many activities as possible in order to foster class unity, friendships, and a sense of school pride.
This year’s Homecoming theme is Travel. Class themes are as follows:
Seniors: Las Vegas
Sophomores: North Pole
Saturday, September 28: All-school float building
- Float building will take place in the WHS student/soccer parking lot from 10:30am-6:30pm. All students are welcome and encouraged to participate. There are no sign up times, simply drop by to help for an hour or two when your schedule allows. (Student government members will work with class advisors to design the floats and buy building materials prior to float building.)
- There will be a community power tool area available to all classes. Generators will be needed for power tool area. Each class will be responsible for finding parent/guardian volunteers to work this area. Only hand tools (minus saws) and cordless drills are allowed at each float station. Power generators, anything that plugs in, air compressors, and pneumatic tools are not allowed at individual float stations.
- There will be pizza and water provided by Student Government around 12:30. Feel free to bring other food for workers to snack on during the day.
- Float judging will take place at 6:30pm. Results will be announced during the Homecoming Assembly on Friday, October 4.
- In case of inclement weather, the float building make-up day will be Sunday, September 29.
Monday, September 30: Beginning of Spirit Week.
- Spirit week dress theme for this day is Pajamas: Dress in your most comfy (dress code appropriate) pajamas.
Tuesday, October 1:
- Spirit week dress theme for this day is Country: This is your opportunity to show off your favorite country western apparel. (SEE ABOVE)
Wednesday, October 2:
- Spirit week dress theme for this day is Tourist: Wear your favorite tourist gear.
- Powder Puff Football Game at 7:00 at Football Stadium. Admission is free, but donations for charity will be accepted at the gate.
Thursday, October 3:
- Spirit week dress theme for this day is Class color day: Support your class and wear apparel such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, sportswear, etc in your color.
- Seniors: Black
- Juniors: White
- Sophomores: Purple
- Freshman: Orange
Friday, October 4:
- Spirit week dress theme for this day is Green and White Day: Show your school spirit and wear Williamston Green and White Gear.
- The Pep Assembly is in the gym from 2:05-2:55 p.m. The Homecoming court will be announced.
- The Homecoming Parade starts at 6:00pm. The parade staging area will be in St. Mary’s Church parking lot (South Cedar Street). Parade vehicles and trailers will enter the parking lot from the single lane driveway on the backside of St. Mary’s School. From the parking lot, the parade will proceed south on Cedar to Grand River Ave, west on Grand River, south on Jackson, and end at the corner of Jackson and W. South Street.
The Football game starts at 7:00 p.m. The Homecoming Court will be introduced during halftime.
Saturday, October 5:
- The Homecoming Dance is held in the WHS Commons/Old Gym from 8:00-11:00 p.m. Tickets are sold Homecoming week during lunch and cost $10 each or at the door for $15. Students may come with dates or with groups of friends. This is a dressy casual event. As a reminder, guests from other high schools must complete the “Dance Guest Request Form” and turn it into to the office prior to the dance (middle school students may not attend as guests).
REMINDER: All Homecoming events are school sponsored, extracurricular activities, and all school policies/codes of conduct apply.