The FAFSA opens on October 1, 2020!!
Here's how to get started:
1. Collect your info.
- Driver's license & Social security Number
- Parent & student 2018 W2 forms
- Parent & student 2018 federal tax forms (IRS 1040/A/EZ)
- 2018 investment & untaxed information, if applicable
- If you have not yet filed your taxes, no problem! Just file your FAFSA using estimated figures.
2. Visit www.studentaid.gov
- You'll find everything you need to know about the FAFSA filing process, state & federal aid, & preparing financially for college.
3. Complete your FAFSA.
- Visit www.fafsa.gov.
- Use the IRS data retrieval tool.
- Make sure to click the "Submit" button when you're finished!
Federal Deadline: June 30, 2021
State of Michigan Deadline: March 1, 2021
Make sure to check the deadline for the college(s) you are interested in!